These are the tools i use pretty much every day, so i thought i would share them and where to get them from:
(click on the name to be taken to the download page)
Remote Server Administration Tools
Install these on your Windows 7 Client, within the turn windows features on or off feature in control panel, a new option called "remote server administration tools" will exist. install this to get tools such as Active Directory Users and Computers, Hyper-V Manager etc
A great SSH, Telnet and console client all in one
Remote Desktop Connection Manager
If you manage a lot of servers via RDP, this tool is a god send. you can add multiple computers to one console, and group them into different roles, you can also right click on an entire group of servers (e.g. Domain Controllers) and log into them all at once. Many clicks are saved!
Does what it says on the tin. if you edit any kind of code (XML etc) this is essential
Although Windows 7 has burning features built in, it still lacks some of the required functionality. This tool has a tiny footprint, some great functionality and some cool sound effects!
Monday, 27 September 2010
- Essential tools for today’s admins and where to do...
- Installing a System Centre Essentials 2010 agent m...
- SAN Certificates – a great way to get more for you...
- Configuring shibboleth IdP to talk to an Active Di...
- Shibboleth IdP – Getting the eduPersonScopedAffili...
- Using servermanagercmd to automate the installatio...
- Shibboleth IdP not writing logs to the logs direct...
- Labelling those NIC’s
- ▼ September (8)