You may come into a situation where you need to manually install the SCE agent, here is how.
Run setupsce.exe and click on install essentials agent
Specify the FQDN of your SCE server, and the management group name (by default this is SCEServername_mg)
You will also need the update services SSL certificate and the code signing certificate, you can find these on the SCE server in:
C:\program files\system center essentials\certificates
Copy these to the PC you are installing the agent on, and then browse to them in the installer setup window.
Once the agent is successfully installed, it will need to be manually approved in the SCE management console
Launch the SCE management console and select the administration section, then expand device management | pending management
Under pending management, you should see a section called “Manual Agent Install”, simply right click on the computer listed and click approve
Your agent should now check in.
- Essential tools for today’s admins and where to do...
- Installing a System Centre Essentials 2010 agent m...
- SAN Certificates – a great way to get more for you...
- Configuring shibboleth IdP to talk to an Active Di...
- Shibboleth IdP – Getting the eduPersonScopedAffili...
- Using servermanagercmd to automate the installatio...
- Shibboleth IdP not writing logs to the logs direct...
- Labelling those NIC’s
- ▼ September (8)