I’ve recently been tasked with implementing a Shibboleth IdP for the network I support. The service has been implemented on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Tomcat and fronted by Apache and Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010.
I will post more on the implementation of this later, but a quick bit of info to resolve an issue that had me pulling my hair out for most of a day.
Shibboleth has a logs directory within its installation directory, in my setup the shibboleth directory was c:\program files (x86)\shibboleth-idp
I found that the shibboleth logs directory wasn’t filling up with anything. I searched around for hours to discover the cause and eventually found the answer here:
Basically, the logging mechanism used by shibboleth IdP does not support a path with brackets in it, so on any x64 system by default this would fail.
To resolve that I changed the log paths in the logging.xml file in the shibboleth conf directory to point to c:\shiblogs
After bouncing the tomcat service, logs appeared.
- Essential tools for today’s admins and where to do...
- Installing a System Centre Essentials 2010 agent m...
- SAN Certificates – a great way to get more for you...
- Configuring shibboleth IdP to talk to an Active Di...
- Shibboleth IdP – Getting the eduPersonScopedAffili...
- Using servermanagercmd to automate the installatio...
- Shibboleth IdP not writing logs to the logs directory
- Labelling those NIC’s
- ▼ September (8)